clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Content Errors

Post by clam1952 »

Thread split from "Duchy Days 1980s"
stuartluff wrote:I've downloaded this and got quite a few errors in Trainz Mac 2.
May be an idea to post some examples of the errors? From a couple of posts elsewhere, It appears that Mac2 might have moved the goal posts again regarding error checking.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
stuartluff
Milepost 3
Trainz Version: Mac

Re: Duchy Days 1980s

Post by stuartluff »

clam1952 wrote:May be an idea to post some examples of the errors? From a couple of posts elsewhere, It appears that Mac2 might have moved the goal posts again regarding error checking.
I'm at work at the mo but will post a little later.
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Post by stuartluff »

Nexusdj wrote:
stuartluff wrote:I've downloaded this and got quite a few errors in Trainz Mac 2. :(
Sorry to hear that you have errors with the route,
The route was never tested on Trainz mac as neither of us has got it installed (Hell will freeze over before I start using a mac lol ) .
If the error checking goal posts have been moved again as Clam says then we've got no control over that .
If you can post a list of problems then we can look into them ?
There's nothing wrong with Macs young man haha. I'll post the errors tonight. I noticed some that had errors then just magically decided there were none. As I was going through the list the odd one or two suddenly deemed themselves 'ok' ?!

I think there were at least 11. One was "tag 'height' is not permitted in 'obsolete track". ??? I saw no mention of 'obsolete' in the config but I don't really know about that stuff.
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Post by stuartluff »

Here are the errors on Trainz Mac 2 (Build 65333). Hope you can help as most of it means nothing to me. Especially when related to meshes. Im just doing a database repair now to see if that will fix anything. I doubt it but worth a pop.

<kuid:283805:37916> Terrain Spline contoured rough grass 20m
! This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
- The Tag 'height' is not permitted within a container of type 'obsolete-track'.

<kuid2:132952:100268:1> SAM Wooden path 02 2009
- Mesh 'fence_start' referenced in 'endcap-prev/track-lod-tree' was not found within the mesh table.

<kuid:134105:29115> Factory 9e (smaller office) ML1
- Alias mesh '15-n.im' not found in latest version of dependency <kuid:134105:29100> (<kuid2:134105:29100:1>)

<kuid:342053:37219> DS Wall Concrete Block 8ft
! This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
! Required tag 'bridgetrack' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required tag 'trackdirections' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required tag 'trackoffsets' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required tag 'width' was missing and has been set to default.
- Track preview mesh 'default.im' is missing

<kuid:342053:37080> DS Road 02 T Junction No Paths
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road0b' and 'a.road0c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

<kuid2:342053:37086:1> DS Road 02 Roundabout No Paths
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road1b' and 'a.road1c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road2b' and 'a.road2c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road3b' and 'a.road3c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road0b' and 'a.road0c' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

<kuid:342053:37088> DS Road 02 Jct 45deg Right No Paths

<kuid:342053:37079> DS Road 01 T Junction No Paths

<kuid:342053:25712> DS Junction WCL 2
- Multiple track stretches between 'a.road0f' and 'a.road0g' in container 'attached-track'. Track stretches must be unique.

<kuid:283805:15146> BR PCA Blue Circle 1970s
! Indexed meshes are not supported for traincars as of trainz-build 3.8. It is recommended that you upgrade 'hash-dc/kuid 283805 15146/pca_grey_body/pca_body.im' to a LOD mesh.
! Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
! The texture 'pca_grey_shadow/shadow.bmp' is a uniform color.
! The low-detail meshes total more than 500 polygons. This may have a negative impact on performance.

<kuid2:132952:100825:1> SAM Viaduct - invisible road
- Mesh 'fence' referenced in 'track/track-lod-tree' was not found within the mesh table.

<kuid:68787:21657> Gras27 - Says asset is obsolete but there are no newer versions available? Not entirely sure if this is part of the Duchy Days route though?!
! Required tag 'normal-texture' was missing and has been set to default.
! Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
clam1952
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 116243
Author KUID: 425700

Post by clam1952 »

Couple of glaring errors in the SAM items:
<kuid2:132952:100268:1> SAM Wooden path 02 2009
- Mesh 'fence_start' referenced in 'endcap-prev/track-lod-tree' was not found within the mesh table.
No such mesh, Delete endcap-prev container and contents, remove all shown below:

Code: Select all

endcap-prev
{
  mesh-length                           0.2

track-lod-tree
  {
    mesh                                "fence_start"
  }
}

<kuid2:132952:100825:1> SAM Viaduct - invisible road
- Mesh 'fence' referenced in 'track/track-lod-tree' was not found within the mesh table.

No such thing as fence the mesh is droga
Change fence to droga as below

Code: Select all

track
{
  mesh-length                           1

track-lod-tree
  {
    mesh                                "droga"
  }
}

How the heck these were working in TS12 is anyone's guess.
Cheers

Malc

Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works
http://www.trainz-carriage-wagon-works.com/
stuartluff
Milepost 3

Re: Content Errors

Post by stuartluff »

As noted in the Duchy route thread these two SAM assets seem to have fixed themselves with no intervention from me so whether the mesh should be 'fence' or 'droga' I have no idea but they are now showing no errors?!

Still need help with the rest though. :(