LM livery class 350

Deleted and archived topics from the forum. For reference only.
BTTF-Marty-McFly
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 49922
Author KUID: 408155

Re: LM livery class 350

Post by BTTF-Marty-McFly »

Lookin' good mr skoda the easter bunny will it be reskinnable as well as the 350/444??
Vice Chairman Of International Underground

Management Board:
Chairman: James Noyes - liverpool13
Co Chairman: Marty McFly - BTTF-Marty-McFly

Trainz Download Station: Jordan98
Formerly Known As: Tyler-Stonham
Desironutter14
Past 500!
Trainz Version: 2012 SP1
Trainz Build: 61388
Author KUID: 734197

Post by Desironutter14 »

Nexus will you be doing a silverlink liveried 350 many thanks liverpool13
Please Visit My Photo Gallery At http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesyboy53/

The Siemens Desiro is Awesome
Desironutter14 Previously known as liverpool13
meyshollop
Milepost 5
Trainz Version: TC3
Trainz Build: 2

Post by meyshollop »

People... give Nexus some space! The fact that he's doing this at all is great, it's filling much-needed content gaps and it's completely free of charge... please stop begging him for this that and everything.....

Meyshollop
rail206
Milepost 7
Trainz Version: TS2009, TANE

Post by rail206 »

Nexusdj wrote:With a bit of head scratching I've mapped out the hardest livery onto the bodysides ....

Looks great NexusDJ!
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Exactly do you want Nexus to pack it all in as all these requests, questions and gimme gimme comments do not help an already overstretched cretor such as Nexus.

I've just started out creating in Gmax and as soon as i get anyone saying are you doing this, that or something else as i get better at it i will just throw the towel in and say no more. So please refrain from asking creators such as Nexus are you doing yet another livery to yet another creation he's NOT yet finished yet.

Nexus will in good time try his hardest to work his way through different liveries or leave it in the capable hands for others to create.

Rant over.
Last edited by Warbo40 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Work to live not live to work.
alexfleming380
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TS12
Author KUID: 622162

Post by alexfleming380 »

liverpool13 wrote:Nexus will you be doing a silverlink liveried 350 many thanks liverpool13
Not meaning to offend, but why are you asking? According to your profile you only have TRS2006 so if nexus is planning to do that you won't be able to use it. Just seems a bit odd to me.
Please, call me Alex.
Formerly known as afleming97
BTTF-Marty-McFly
Past 100!
Trainz Version: 2012
Trainz Build: 49922
Author KUID: 408155

Post by BTTF-Marty-McFly »

Agree with you alex
Vice Chairman Of International Underground

Management Board:
Chairman: James Noyes - liverpool13
Co Chairman: Marty McFly - BTTF-Marty-McFly

Trainz Download Station: Jordan98
Formerly Known As: Tyler-Stonham
Desironutter14
Past 500!

Post by Desironutter14 »

I'm getting trainz 2009 in the next few days so I would probaly use it sorry if previous posts caused confusion and also please don't let us start up an argument please thanks liverpool13

alexfleming380
Past 500!
Trainz Version: TS12
Author KUID: 622162

Post by alexfleming380 »

Ah ok, was only curious.
Please, call me Alex.
Formerly known as afleming97
klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

Warbo40 wrote:Exactly do you want Nexus to pack it all in as all these requests, questions and gimme gimme comments do not help an already overstretched cretor such as Nexus.

I've just started out creating in Gmax and as soon as i get anyone saying are you doing this, that or something else as i get better at it i will just throw the towel in and say no more. So please refrain from asking creators such as Nexus are you doing yet another livery to yet another creation he's NOT yet finished yet.

The reason i say this is because i got some very disappointing news the other day from another content creator which i won't reveal on here as it isn't my place to repeat it. All said and done the person in question has quit trainz, maybe for good.

Nexus will in good time try his hardest to work his way through different liveries or leave it in the capable hands for others to create.

Rant over.
The Gimme pigs, often are people who are new to the forum and possibly trainz, and may not know proper forum etiquette, all they see is something related to what they like and are enquiring whether it's possible to create something for them. The worst thing you can do is be rude to them, as you may put them off trainz. We were all new to trainz at one point and probably may have frustrated other users with our lack of knowledge or etiquette. You just need to be patient and politely tell them that you may/or may not answer their request.

Another bad answer is to rudely tell them to learn how to create their own content, I've been using trainz since 2006 and there's a lot I still don't know about content creation. I know about reskins, but when it comes to learning the intracies of gmax, forget it.

Also a note to the gimme noobs, I started using trainz when there really wasn't that much content of this sort of quality or variety, we're spoilt now. Just bear with us and I'm sure you'll get what you want eventually.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Warbo40
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TS2012 (SP1)/S&C
Trainz Build: 57898
Author KUID: 441222

Post by Warbo40 »

Though i agree with you Klambert i must admit when i first started out with trainz i made it a priority to trawl both the old british trainz forum website and also the auran forum site for anything to do with british railways so as to find as much british content as possible. That was over 4 years ago now and as you say there wasn't that much british content about especially of the quality and detail we have now.

Even went to the extent of googling all the classes for any trainz simulator content.
Work to live not live to work.
Briggsy
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS2019 + TANE SP3
Trainz Build: 105096
Author KUID: 630773

Post by Briggsy »

klambert wrote:The Gimme pigs, often are people who are new to the forum and possibly trainz, and may not know proper forum etiquette, all they see is something related to what they like and are enquiring whether it's possible to create something for them.
I agree with that in some cases - I have seen newbies given a harsh response on the Auran forums when they're making genuine enquiries about "is X available, and if so, is it available in Y livery" because they don't know any better.

However, to be fair to the creators on here, it does seem to be the usual suspects asking all the time - and they're no longer newbies. They also know full well that it isn't available in that livery. Usually, it seems that the "is this available in X livery" or "will this be available in Y livery" questions actually means "will you make this in X or Y livery" - and I think it's this 'in ya face' hinting that pisses creators off - especially when the content has only just been finished, and blatantly not going to be available in numerous liveries at that stage.

Take Domsarto's Class 158 for example. He hadn't even finished the actual model before people were asking him what liveries it was going to be available in. People need to at least give these guys time to finish their work and announce their plans before asking them what liveries models are going to be released in.

As i've always said, if people have managed to live without something on Trainz for so long, if something appears, treat it as a bonus. If it doesn't, then so what - if it never appears, they're no worse off and its not going to kill anyone.

The problem is, just recently, there seems to be content being released that hasn't been available for people before - but that still isn't good enough for some people. They then want it releasing in every livery under the sun, by yesterday.
Desironutter14
Past 500!

Post by Desironutter14 »

sorry if i offended anyone with my posts and wasted peoples time apologies go mainly to meyshollop and dave sorry to be a nuisance

klambert
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: 2012 TANE
Trainz Build: 61297
Author KUID: 393563

Post by klambert »

liverpool13 wrote:sorry if i offended anyone with my posts and wasted peoples time apologies go mainly to meyshollop and dave sorry to be a nuisance
From what I've read I don't think you've personally offended anyone, you seem like a new user, we've all been there.
I used to bombard a certain WEN for content, I still bombard him but its mostly questions over missing kuids and where to find certain content.
http://berkshiretrainz.webs.com/

Great Bolshy Yarblockos!
Nexusdj
Forum Veteran
Trainz Version: TRS22
Trainz Build: 123794
Author KUID: 45317

Post by Nexusdj »

Not sure If I'll do anymore liveries with the 350 as it will require me to remap the textures on the driving car . I can use the centre cars from the 360 which are already remaped which is half the job done but at some stage tomorrow I need to go back to working on Fudginators route .

@Liverpool13 no need to apologise , Get your 2009 installed and then let us know when you've got it up and running ?
High visibility pixels must be worn when on or about the line !!